Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mission Trip II & Getting Ready for the New School Year!

Well, I said I would come back and put together pictures of the "fun" we had during our Misson Trip to St. Louis Missouri! Like I said before, we did a lot of hard work during the day and some nights but when we were off for the day, we liked to have some fun too!
The girls dying their hair...well just putting in a streak! Pink or Purple...your choice



The other group got fudge and didn't share with us, so we decided to get a little revenge! We went and got squirt guns and made our move!



Wednesday was our 1/2 day. So we worked in the morning and then headed out to Six Flags after lunch! We got Mary Kate and Gavin to ride a roller-coaster...after A LOT of coaxing! That is Gavin in front of the BOSS...his new "FAVORITE" ride!



A gift for all their hard work throughout the week! ;)

Next Stop...City Museum in St. Louis! Our last stop before heading home! If you have never been to city Museum, you MUST go! Especially if you have kids! The will love it!

Riding the ferris wheel that is on top of the museum! (Michelle was a little scared)

Having fun climbing in all the little nooks and cranny's!

More excitement at the museum!
Again, this mission trip was an amazing experience and the group of kids that we had were truly awesome! We all learned something and it changed each and every one of our lives in some way!

Now, it is time to get back in school mode! I have a new theme this year that I am super excited about! Well actually I always have two themes because I ALWAYS have a Patriotic theme going on in my classroom but I like to spice it up and try some new things once in awhile. This year's "other" theme is NIU HUSKIES!!! My Alma mater and my favorite team of all times! Red and Black! I have red and black paw prints for their locker tags, name tags and name plates for their tables! I can't get into my classroom for awhile though because they are cleaning all this week and part of next week. This means I cannot get anything done in there for awhile! Once I get into my classroom, I will post pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment